Monday, December 8, 2014

The magic of Lime

Originally posted 6/16/14

Started off this morning by not wanting to get up, feeling too tired to even want to make breakfast (although I have to anyway), and not really feeling up to all my Monday chores that needed to be done. I put a couple drops of Lime essential oil into my diffuser and went to work making some breakfast for my kids. Within just a few minutes I could feel my energy levels coming up, while feeling happier and calmer than just a few minutes before.

Lime is amazing for its uplifting scent that can literally improve your mood within minutes, if not seconds. While it can be used in food (and I often do), I especially love the fragrance. The Modern Essentials book lists Lime as helping to "overcome exhaustion, depression, and listlessness;" I also use Lime to clean with, just a couple drops on a sponge or rag and clean your stove or counters. Its fresh, all natural, and cleans grease just as well as any soap. Depending on how I'm feeling when I make my cleaners and air fresheners, I might also put some lime oil in them.

Addition 12/8/14
I have been loving lime this winter! In the mornings I diffuse 3 drops of lime with 2 drops of On Guard essential oil blend from doTERRA and I can tell you it makes a huge difference in my attitude and my kids attitude. The mornings I forget, my 6 year old is grumpy and does not want to get ready for school. The mornings I get it going right away we have no fights, no crying or whining. Peace and happiness, and uplifting attitudes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment